Friday, June 20, 2014

Voicecommand speed update and extra language options

So it's been a little hectic. I moved to San Francisco and mid move, Google decided to deprecate their Speech V1 API. I switched to V2 but did it too quickly and had a lot of problems.

For those of you who haven't seen my voice control software, you can see it in action here and find out how to install it here.

After some investigation, I found that V2 is much, much, much slower over wget and switched to Curl. This should fix all the slow down issues.

I also re-enabled all the languages that Google enables. So now voicecommand again supports over 100 languages [ but not pirate I guess :( ]

You can update with the script in the install folder (run with sudo!)

Sorry this post took so long. I've been busy collaborating on a new app (also it's my Birthday today)
Consider donating to further my tinkering since I do all this and help people out for free.

Places you can find me